Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 4th Weekend & Baby Shower #1

So this post is a little late but I wanted to document the weekend nevertheless. The hubby and I decided to brave the roads and make the 4-5 hour trip to Pittsburgh to visit his family for July 4th weekend this summer. We got to his parents house late Thursday night and did excited hugs and hellos with his parents then went to bed. We were all pretty tired.

Friday we went to my sister-in-law's house for a baby shower she threw for me with all the ladies on his side of the family and then a big family 4th of July party afterwards. I was so excited and surprised by how much she did for the shower - it was beautiful! The decorations were adorable, had lots of yummy food & snacks and pink punch, and we played a crazy fun game of Baby Pictionary. I wish I'd taken pictures of some of our drawings because they were hilarious.

The Party & Lunch Room
 
Amazing Shower Cake from my MIL

We got lots of great gifts for Baby M but what I especially loved was that everyone gave her a new book and wrote a note to her on the inside cover. I read these on the drive home on Sunday and cried throughout a majority of them. Hormones. But they were all just so personalized and loving - she's so blessed to have such a big and caring family to come into!


Some of Baby M's new books

My SIL also had everyone write out advice cards and left them anonymous so my mother-in-law and I had some fun trying to figure out who's was who's the next day and after seeing the fam again, narrowed them all down! Our guesses were pretty close actually!


My handsome husband - this makes me smile

Then the big family 4th of July party started immediately after - complete with grilling out, tons of more food & snacks, cornhole, swimming (the kids only - water was a little chilly!), beersby, and fireworks! It was such a great day, perfect weather, and so fun to catch up with everyone. We only get to see them a couple times a year so we really cherish the times we have together. I'm really truly blessed to have such a great family of in-laws. We have so much fun whenever we get together. Would be nice to be closer but we can't do the Pittsburgh cold. We're barely surviving the MD cold of this past winter lol.

Saturday we just spent some down time with his parents and cousins and our beautiful niece who I had fun taking lots of pretty pictures of. She's such a happy baby! And Saturday night we went over my BIL's in-laws house for another cookout and more cornhole and beersby! Then we left Sunday morning after breakfast to get a jump on the anticipated traffic. I got a little emotional when we left but it was such a great weekend! A very memorable, and enjoyable fourth!


Baby Angelina

Sincerely, Brit

No comments: