Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fantabulous Cricut - Challenge #140 - SNOW!

No, you haven't been living under a rock and missed the first 139 challenges...this is something new I'm trying! 

Since I LOVE being crafty & making cards anyway, I found this great blog, Fantabulous Cricut, with new challenges each week to participate in! Besides keeping in line with their weekly theme, the only other rule is that at least one piece of your creation requires using your Cricut. Since I've become a Cricut addict lately anyway, this is PERFECT to fuel my hobby!

Fun little tidbit....I've been having so much fun tinkering around making Christmas cards lately that husband is lovingly comparing me to an elf in Santa's workshop! :) Hmm..I wonder if Santa pays well???

So to give me even more reason to create new projects, I'm taking part in my first Cricut challenge this week! YAY! Challenge details are as follows:

Our challenge this week is to provide inspiration for those snowy days ahead.  So once again, get those cricuts chirping and post your
snow or snowflake projects.
 
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it snow! 

So, below is a Christmas card I recently made using the Cricut cartridge Winter Frolic to cut the snowman and his accessories and the December 25th cartridge for the enlarged snowflake. For his cheeks, I added pink embossing powder and heated for the glossy affect. I cut the snow background by hand with good old fashion scissors and stamped the Let It Snow message on the front in black ink. I also added white glitter to parts of the snow and the snowflake. Who doesn't love glitter?!? This girl!



Wish me luck! Winners are picked at random so it's really just for fun to participate in.
What are you getting crafty with this season? Share your ideas below!

Sincerely, Brit

5 comments:

Missy said...

This is darling, I like the non traditional colors, especially that fabulous pink background!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

Bloeffelbein said...

I am so excited that you decided to join our blog !! Your card is simply adorable . Being an elf is not a bad thing my husband tells me he is going to admit me to Crafters anonymous lol he calls me a craft hoarder !! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB, hope to see more of your creations !!!
Brianna

Brittany Nicole said...

Thank you for the comments Missy & Brianna! Excited to join FCCB too! :)

scrapqueen141 said...

So cute, Love the popped up effect!
Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Pink Dalmatians said...

I was browsing thru the entries & this one caught my eye! You did a fantabulous job! The card is super cute & i love all your little details that make it special. BTW the winner is chosen at random, but the top 5 are picked by the DT! You have my vote :-) Thanks for playing with us on the FCCB this week. Hope you keep coming back..