Friday, November 30, 2012

Introducing Walter - Our Elf on the Shelf

Have you heard of the Elf on the Shelf? A little elf doll that finds a new hiding spot each morning?? I thought it sounded super creepy...if I was a kid I'd be a little scared...wouldn't you? 

But my mom had so much fun with it when she went up to MD to visit my niece and nephew that I surprised her with one when she got home. And since we all live together right now, we're sharing him and having a blast haha...who knew?! 

When you first get him, you should read the storybook that comes with him and tells all about who he is and then you should promptly name your elf. We named ours Walter! It was the first name Hubby threw out and we all liked it so it stuck pretty quick! :) Then you can go to ElfOnTheShelf.com and register your elf, his name and your family name, and print an Elf Adoption Certificate if you like. After all that, we can't help but love the little guy now ! What a fun holiday tradition to start and have one day with our children!

Background: The Elf on the Shelf is one of Santa's helpers who keeps an eye on everyone to make sure they're being good, then leaves each night to go to the North Pole and report back to Santa. When he comes back, he finds a new hiding spot for the day.

Well this little bit of entertainment is not just for kids...no no no. Me, my mom & hubby are having way too much fun taking turns each night finding a new hiding spot for everyone to find him in each morning. Since this is our first season with Walter, I'm going to post pictures each Friday of Walter's hiding spots for the week. Since we just got him, I only have 2 so far, but they're fun! Sneaky little Walter!

He has good dental hygiene!
Stealing my coffee goodies!

Do you have an Elf on the Shelf? 
If so, what is his name and what is one of the best hiding spots you've seen??

Check back next Friday to see what Walter has been up to!

Sincerely, Brit

No comments: