Tuesday, May 29, 2012

No Place Like Home...

Via
Hi Friends & Bloggers,

Hubby-to-be and I found out earlier last week that the offer we made on a short sale house back in February was rejected by the lender. BOOO!!! How josie grossy is that?! (this was where my post was going to proceed with hopeful, butterfly, happy, rainbow thoughts about a reasonable amount they would counter offer with...ahh the land of blog drafts..)

HOWEVER....we found out Friday that not only did the lender counter offer much higher than our offer, they countered at $20,000 above the original listing price! SERIOUSLY??!?! WTH? (excuse my bad language abbreviations!). Obviously I'm livid. There's no way the house would even appraise for what they're asking! Yes, the lender can technically do this because they have control right now. But that's just ridiculous...the house will never sell for that and it will prob have to go into foreclosure. Jerks.

I know it's my fault, but I really got my hopes up for this house and had already staged and planned out every single inch of space in my head. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed and sad. Our only option now is to counter-offer (which we are), but we're still countering low so the odds they'll accept are slim to none.We should hear back in about a week with whether they accept or not. If not, we get our deposit back and move on. What's meant to be will be and God has a plan for us. I've been keeping an eye out anyway in case this house didn't work out but there's really nothing else for sale right now that we like. So we might be back to playing the waiting game until the right house comes along. :( One thing is for sure....this will be our first and last short sale! BOYCOTT SHORT SALES! lol no just kidding...to each their own. But we're dunzo with them!

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend! OK quick---what's your favorite holiday cookout food?...GO!
Sincerely, Brit

1 comment:

Danielle said...

pasta salad and veggie burgers - yum! I'm pretty sure that's the only thing I ate all weekend long, lol.

Sorry it didn't work out with the house friend!