Sunday, June 5, 2011

Back on the Ball

It's been almost a month since I've posted :( but May was super busy around here and just flew by! Here's what's been going on lately:

We Moved! -- Mid-May we moved to our new apartment in Lutz, FL. Absolutely LOVE our new place! The town is great and the apartment neighborhood we're in feels like a community! Since we've been so busy since moving in though I haven't finished taking pics..but I'll post as soon as it's more in order. Here's the Top 10 Reasons I love our new place so far:

1. HUGE kitchen with an island, and TONS more storage than our last place--it's Heavenly and makes me want to cook even more!
2. Bigger lanai which we've decorated with new patio furniture! Here's a pic from online--
3. HUGE walk-in closet! In love.
4. Neighborhood dog park right next to our building --Jax loves this place..it's like having a yard for him to run around in w/out his leash and play with other doggies! Making new friends already!
5. 3 Pools - thank you Florida necessity!
6. 24-hr gym w/ machines, free weights, spin room, & a Wii Fit!
7. Business center with Mac desktops--not really a necessity since we have one, but it's still pretty sweet
8. Younger town--we went to the Shops at Wiregrass last night and pretty sure it's gonna be our new fave place--lots of ppl our age, great restaurants, good stores (hello...a 2 story Forever 21!!!) & a fun bar called Brass Tap with live music, outdoor seating, trivia nights, and 300 craft beers! So fun!
9. Community has lots of open grass areas with benches & grills - perfect for cornhole & cookouts!
10. Closer to my work--cut my drive in half! Thank goodness!! THIS IS REALLY MY #1!!


Fort Lauderdale for Business Trip --up & back in same day was exhausting; good trip but long day of meetings

Maryland 2 days later for Memorial Day wkend -- great time seeing the fam & getting to hang with my hilarious niece & nephew! Had an engagement celebration w/ some of the fam, got to catch up w/ some old friends, went to the pool, and just had lots of fun. But very tiring --felt like I needed a vacay from my vacay

Started Coaching Soccer! --I'm so super excited about this! Season starts after Labor Day but we held tryouts this week Tues & Thurs. I'm coaching the U9 Girls competitive team and the girls I selected at tryouts are great! It was definitely uncomfortable having to cut a couple of girls that came out but I was limited to the # I could have on my team. But psyched about getting back into the game by coaching! Can't wait!

Whoa--it really has been a crazy busy month. Crazy but fun. I'll post more pics of our new place soon! Hope you're all having a great weekend! :)

Sincerely, Brit

No comments: