Sunday, May 8, 2011

Something Borrowed

Hi Friends & Bloggers!

First of all, I just want to send a BIG Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there. And to my mom, if you're reading, thank you for all that you do. I wouldn't be who I am without you and I'm thankful every day to have you as my mom. I love you!

For today's entry, I wanted to mentioned the new moving that came out this weekend based on Emily Giffin's best-selling book, "Something Borrowed." I was so excited when I started seeing previews for this! I read the book a few years ago and liked it so much, I read the rest of her books pretty much back-to-back. Her books are relatable and her characters understandable. It's easy to find someone in your life to match most of the roles in her books and her writing keeps you interested the entire time.

Emily Giffin's Books - Get started...you won't regret it!: )
As for the movie previews, it threw me off a little bit with the previews showing it as a romantic comedy. I guess it makes sense, I just didn't pick up much of a comedic vibe during the book. But I suppose with these types of stories, a romantic comedy is more likely to sell as a movie. So, while I'm excited to see the movie soon (maybe today!), I just hope it's not like most other books made into movies..disappointing. There's so much more detail in a book, and when you read, you envision and create your own characters in your head. So automatically, expectations are high and it's difficult for movie characters to match our standards of what we pictured. OK I'm ranting on what MIGHT happen and I haven't even seen the movie yet. Lol whoops!

Positives: I really like Ginnifer Goodwin, especially in "He's Just Not That Into You" and she was great as Johnny Cash's wife in "Walk the Line." So she and John Krasinki (The Office) alone make me hopeful this will be a success! Kate Hudson I only really cared for in "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days," but she might just be perfect for the role of Darcy in this movie. I'll let you know how it goes after I see it! If any of you have gotten a glimpse, post a comment to let me know what you thought (and if you've read the book, how it compared!)


PS - I'm Team Rachel ---anyone out there Team Darcy??

Sincerely, Brit

1 comment:

makeupbeautygossip said...

I saw it last night, it was really cute! Did you end up seeing it then too? I read the book a long time ago so it's fuzzy in my memory, but I'd say the movie is loosely based on it, not very exact. Kate Hudson was great in that role - idk who else they would've done it that well - but you're right, I don't really like her except for her role in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

If you haven't seen it yet, look for this when you do - at one point there's an extra reading a book, and I'm 99% sure it's "Something Blue"!! Let me know if you find it too :)