Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let's Make Up!

Hi Friends & Bloggers!

I don't know about you, but lately my skin has seemed so blah! Do you have those days/weeks too? It's dry and oily off and on, the skin under my eyes seems weak and I'm noticing (GASP) lines next to my eyes! I just felt like I needed some rejuvenation to my face...big time!

So I field tripped it to Walmart to tour the skincare aisle. Omgoodness. It's not like it's the first time I've been through it, but it's the first time looking for skin care products besides face wash...and the # of products available is insane! It's almost too many options! What the heck is the difference between them all? There's anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, anti-acne, eye cream...omgosh. I didn't know where to start. And I mean, I kind of wanted something new with ALL of that covered in one product! So after comparing the active ingredients & percentages for a good half hour to 45 mins, I settled on an Olay Total Effects kit for about $30. Intense skin care and hair care are the only two things I might OCCASIONALLY splurge on. But this product is supposed to be targeted at anti-anging and includes a daily UV moisturizer (SPF 15), a Night Firming cream (the word firming really pulled me in!), and a cleanser. It's supposed to diminish the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles, smooth skin texture, even skin tone, improve surface dullness, minimize appearance of pores, reduce appearance of blotches & age spots, & soothe dry skin. Maybe it'll even make me richer
while it's at it! haha

So for the past 2 weeks I've been pretty consistent with my new regime trying to wash my face both morning & night, use the lotion each day under my makeup, and use the firming cream (seriously love this stuff!) at night before bed. So far I feel like I already see a slight improvement in my skin. It's more even-toned and and feels more moisturized and healthy. I'll keep you posted on the continued results over the next couple weeks. Since there are soooo many products, I was wondering which face products do you swear by? It might help some of us break through the clutter of products & brands by getting recommendations from others. So reply with a message with products you love please! :)

PS - my friend Danielle just signed me up for a 3-month subscription to BirchBox for my bday! It's like a magazine subscription, but you get a box of high-end makeup/hair/beauty product samples at the beginning of the month instead! You just fill out your profile on the site after signing up and they tailor the product samples toward what's important to you! Awesome, right? I'm super excited to get my first box! I'll let you know how it goes when it gets here!

Sincerely, Brit

3 comments:

AAPK said...

I thought I would be adventurous too a couple weeks ago and buy some new face stuff.. bought a kit after reseaching like you did.. and the stupid box of stuff gave me a HORRIBLE rash!!! That's what I get for trying something new.. lol glad your experience has been more pleasant! :-)

makeupbeautygossip said...

That's awesome you found something that works & you like it! I love the Wonderbar (www.wonderbarusa.com), Yes To Carrots repairing night cream, and Aveeno Active Naturals Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer w SPF :)

Brittany Nicole said...

OMGoodness Ash what a nightmare! What product(s) did you use??

Thanks for listing what you use D! Yes To Carrots sounds yummy! haha