Sunday, February 6, 2011

Gasparilla, New Jobby & Super Steelers!

Hi Friends & Bloggers!

It's been awhile so I have a couple items to update on today. So let's get started:

Gasparilla - AKA Tampa's Mardi Gras
This event and day in downtown Tampa was INSANE! And so much fun! It's a parade and pirate celebration that it seemed everyone in Florida and other states came out for. It's been called the Mardi Gras of Tampa and it really was. Holy beads everywhere! But the great part was that you didn't have to "earn" them...if you know what I mean. You could either just be walking down the parade route and have them thrown in the road by random people, or you could join the crowds of excited and competitive bead-wanters and jump up in the air and fight for them as they're thrown from every single float of the parade. It was awesome! And of course, the streets were filled with all sorts of people including many who went all out and dressed like pirates which made for fun people watching all day. And to top it off, the weather was a perfect 70-some degrees and sunny! We actually got sunburned! :) Love it!

Man with a huge plastic Bacardi costume haha
Boats waiting for the Pirate Ship to come in
Me & my hunny

New Jobby - I'm lovin' it!
So I started my new job this past Wednesday and so far, I really love it! It's so, so, so identical to my last job, it's making for such an easy transition. None of that awkward period when you start a new job where you feel helpless and lost and have no idea what you're doing. I was able to jump right in this week and get started. I'm so blessed and grateful to have a job that I have no complaints (except for the hour commute...ugh..at least until we move closer in May when our apt lease is up!). As of right now, it's just me and two women in our office and one is preparing to leaving in Apr/May to move to Italy with her fiance, who is in the Navy. So I'm working right now to learn all I can to be able to take over every aspect of her role when she leaves. But so far I really like the women I work with, they're so friendly and so relaxed and great, and the atmosphere is so comfortable as well. I can wear jeans every day if I want? Umm, yes please! Unless we have a client meeting or executives in, it's casual Friday every day! :) This was also the case at my last job so I'm excited I have this luxury again! And yesterday I helped my boss move us into a new office space. It look all day basically and was exhausting but it's a much better place. I have a nice big office of my own (can't wait to decorate!) and it's just much more professional, new and nicer than the place they've been in. So, yay! Nothing but great so far on the job front! :)

Super Steelers Superbowl Sunday!
It's that time of the year again...Superbowl!!!! And even better this year since the STEELERS are in it...again! :) While it's been an exciting couple of weeks building up the anticipation to tonight's game, I'm ready to get this thing started! And at the same time though I also get so nervous! Haha You never know what's going to happen and how your team is going to play...any given team can win on any given Sunday. And the fact that it's the biggest game of the year makes it even more nerve-wracking. AND we're considered the under-dogs. Seems odd to me but whatever. Aaron had a deece season and they're a good team but I'm going to have to disagree and go with my Super Steelers of course! Our plan is to head to my friend's father-in-law's house. Apparently he has a huge movie/screening room so it should be perfect for the game! PS - why isn't the Superbowl on a Saturday night? Hello....we have work on Monday mornings! Rude. But GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely, Brit

No comments: