Thursday, January 13, 2011

Waitressing the Wait.

Hi Friends & Bloggers!

So it's official..I got a waitressing job with Ruby Tuesday! It's not an HR job (obviously), which is what I've been searching for my past 7 mos. here in FL, (OMG i can't believe it's been 7 mos already! - damn you job market & economy!), but it's something in the meantime while I keep searching for something full time.

I thankfully still have quite a bit of savings left which has gotten me this far, but I miss having steady money coming in and it will be good to get me out of the house more, meet new people and make some extra money. Can't hurt, right? So while I'm still completely frustrated at not having found a full time job yet, this eases the pain...a little.

I'm getting more hopeful thanks to more and more reports lately in the news that companies are creating more job openings and the unemployment rate is improving. Fingers crossed and prayers please for my continued search though! In the meantime, come in to Ruby Tuesday in New Port Richey, FL for a drink & meal and ask for Brittany! :)

Sincerely, Brit

2 comments:

mycreativedeparture.com said...

I started waitressing when I was 15 and then ended up bartending. Worked in the food-service insdustry for a total of 12 years and I don't miss it one bit! LOL I do miss the great money and the regulars but that's about it :) Good luck on finding an HR position!

Brittany Nicole said...

Thank you for your comment! I've waitressed in the past too (summers in between college semesters) and certainly haven't missed it. Only resorting back to it thanks to the slow job market right now. But thanks for the good luck!