Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving, Black Friday and... I became a puppy mommy!

Hi Friends & Bloggers!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I know I did! I would just like to take a moment to sing the praises of the Bob Evans Feast we had. It was awesome and sooo easy! We brought it home Wednesday night...& had to make ample room in the fridge to do so! Then, Thursday afternoon we basically just had to heat up most of it in the oven & enjoy...everything was delicious! My faves of course were the mashed potatoes, green beans, and the turkey. Then of course, I couldn't say no to some pumpkin bread & pumpkin pie! Those were the goods! :) Couldn't resist! What was everyone else's faves??

Beach Please!
It was a glorious day here in Florida on Thanksgiving so we decided to trip me, Markus & my parents to Honeymoon Island beach to get our tan on! It really was a perfect day for it and we even got to see a baby Hammerhead shark that a random guy caught! Crazy right? Here's some pics of our TG morning:

Me & Markus taking a walk

Baby Hammerhead Shark!

Me & my Mom!

Black Friday... 
"How much is the doggie in the window? Woof, Woof!"
As for black friday, my plan was to head to Target or Walmart just to browse since I didn't see any outstanding deals on anything I needed or wanted right now. Did anyone else feel like the deals this year were slacking? Maybe it was just on items I was checking out? IDK..but they seemed disappointing. The one item I was looking to buy was Season 4 of FRIENDS...however, which I failed to do. Every Black Friday for the past few years Markus & I would each get a season or two of Friends at Target since they drop the price down to around $14.99 (usually $25-30). So between the 2 of us, we now have all except Season 4 and this year I saw Target was selling for $9.99. Holla! That was my only real mission on BF. However..I decided to take my parents to the local Flea Market to browse to start the day. The flea market's here are HUGE and have several pet vendors that sell dogs, cats, birds..etc. So I decided to mosy over to the first one I saw. And that's where it happened....

I BECAME A PUPPY MOMMY!

Now a little foreword: I LOVE dogs. I grew up with a black lab (Sadie) & a teacup poodle (Muffin!), so dogs have always been a part of my life. I have just been WAITING to have my own place to get one. Markus wasn't too thrilled at the idea at first...but his heart has since melted since spending time with the "little one" as he calls him. So here's the low-down on my new puppy, Jax!


Jax Milliken
Age: 3 1/2 months
Birthday: 8/13/10
Breed: Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie mix)...he def has more Maltese in him!
Color: Black & White
Sex: Boy
Size: 4.5 lbs (will only grow another pound or so before at full weight)
Attitude: YES Indeedy!

So far he's just been so great! I truly feel lucky to have him! He doesn't bark (unless he's a little excited when we play), is very lovable & friendly, super soft, and loves his walks! I'm in the process of potty training him which is not easy. He's VERY good about not going in his crate (hasn't gone once since I got him!), but he has had 3 little tinkle accidents in the apartment. Luckily, he's small so they don't do much damage and are very simple to clean up, but I don't really understand why he does it. Every time I take him out he's great about doing his potty business and then I bring him in to play a little bit before putting him back in his crate. I think I might be leaving him out to play too long? Or he just gets too excited from playing? IDK..gotta figure that out. It's a work in progress. But I just love him so much. My mom & I went shopping Friday afternoon after I got him to get all his essentials, including toys, food, crate, travel carrier, blankets, bowls...etc. Most of which I'm happy to say I was able to get from the $1 store! Gotta love that place! With the exception of the crate, carrier & food, which I got from Wal-Mart. So far, he loves a little soccer disc toy I got him (of course!) and rope the best.

He does however, have personality & attitude. I took him Monday morning to get his 2nd round of shots, boy was he mad at me for that. The shots made him kind of lethargic anyway for the remainder of the day, but he wanted nothing to do with me. Instead of sitting anywhere near me, he would lay all the way across the room as close to the wall he could get, or visit anyone else in the room, BUT ME. I guess b/c I'm the one who handed him to the doctor? He remembered that? But it was really sad...funny now to look back on, but at the time made me sad. But now he's back to normal! Yay! Here's some pics of my new baby!

Jax & Marky

Getting ready to chew on his Christmas teddy

Loves his snack sticks!

Taking a picture break! PS - don't think he likes his rain coat too much lol

Ok..done my JAX sharing for now. Just wanted to share about him since I'm so excited! Hope everyone is having a great week so far and had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I know I'm a little late writing but my parents were in town which kept me busy, so my entries should be more frequent again now.

More to come!


Sincerely, Brit

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Love the new puppy. Yeah. Being a dog mama is so rewarding. We love our pup...he just turned 8.