However, I've struggled with getting motivated to workout regularly in between feedings, changings, play time, nap time, cleaning and errands. Whew! I need a nap after that sentence. After enough weeks of still wearing maternity pants and not fitting in many of my clothes though, I got annoyed enough to do something about it. I found lots of motivational ideas on Pinterest and decided to do P90X again; a 90-day, intense fitness program that I did about 4 years ago and had great success with. I have more to lose and work on this time around, but I'm finally ready to get down to business!
Below are a few of my favorite motivators I found on Pinterest and changes I've made:
- Drinking a gallon of water a day: great for the body and skin
- I've read it takes 21 days to form a habit. I started a visual countdown on my fridge to cross off every day after my workout
- A one-hour workout is only 4% of my day.... there's no excuse to not find the time to squeeze that in for myself
- Swapped breakfast for a meal replacement/protein shake
- No carbs or very little for dinner and after
- Healthy snacking on cucumbers, hummus, salads, fruit
- Calorie & exercise tracking with MyFitnessPal app
What works for you??